Ph.D (History), Associate Professor,
Institute of Historical Studies
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Abstract. The importance of agriculture for the Bulgarian economy is reflected in historical and economic scientific research in the field of agrarian history, economics and law, influencing the growing interest of the scientific community in agrarian problems, including agrarian-ecological ones. In the conditions of the tense European agricultural market, despite numerous agreements, the state support of the Bulgarian agricultural producer in most developed countries is steadily increasing. Bulgaria, whose economy is organically and inextricably linked with agriculture, also found itself in the conditions of an urgent need to review, reassess the system of state support for ecological agriculture, in-depth analysis of the legal basis of its functioning, establishing ways of improvement and further development of ecologically oriented agricultural production.
The problem of implementing ecological aspects of agricultural production in Bulgaria in the context of European integration is highlighted. The Bulgarian model of sustainable agricultural nature management is considered, and the main environmental problems that prevented its implementation are described. Attention is focused on the main aspects of state policy regarding the support of ecological agricultural production. Agricultural production, as one of the most common types of human activity, had a harmful effect on the surrounding natural environment, since industry and transport were considered the main violators of the natural balance at one time. Currently, agriculture is in the first place in terms of environmental pollution. The condition of the agricultural lands in Bulgaria is unsatisfactory.
However, it was determined that serious problems for the environment arose due to the irregular use of mineral fertilizers and agrochemicals in agricultural production, which, together with rainwater and underground water, enter rivers and lakes, causing significant damage to large river basins, fish stocks and vegetation.
As a result of the scientific research, it was established that the problem of forming the concept of biological agricultural production in Bulgaria has not been solved. The model of environmentally-oriented agricultural production required organizational and economic support for the management of sustainable agricultural nature management.
Key words: agrarian sector of the economy, agricultural production, Bulgaria, European Union, environmental problems, state policy, agrarian legislation.
- Bashev, KH. (2020). Podkhod za analiz na sistemata za ekoupravlenie v selskoto stopanstvo. Ikonomika i upravlenie na selskoto stopanstvo. Ikonomika i upravlenie na selsko stopanstvo, 65 (3), 27–48. [In Bulgarian].
- Mitova, D. (2014). Biologichnoto zemedelie – sŭstavna chast i instrument ot ekoupravlenieto na selskoto stopanstvo. Natsionalna konferentsiya s mezhdunarodno uchastie na tema: «Biologichno rastenievŭdstvo, zhivotnovŭdstvo i khrani», 15–23. [In Bulgarian].
- Mitova, D. (2022). Perspektivi za razvitie na biologichnoto proizvodstvo (na baza naglasa na bioproizvoditeli i politikata za podkrepa mu). Ikonomika i upravlenie na selskoto stopanstvo, 67, 63–73. [In Bulgarian].
- Naredba № 22 ot 4 yuli 2001 g. za biologichno proizvodstvo na rasteniya, rastitelni produkkti i khrani ot rastitelen proizkhod i negovoto oznachavane vŭrkhu tyakh. Izdadena ot Ministerstvo na Zemedelieto i Gorite. Obn. DV. br.68 ot 3 Avgust 2001g., izm. DV. br.13 ot 10 Fevruari 2006 g. Retrieved from: http://www.mzgar.government.bg/Eco/bio.html [In Bulgarian].
- Naredba № 35 ot 30 Avgust 2001 g. za biologichno otglezhdane na zhivotni i biologichno proizvodstvo na zhivotinski produkti i khrani ot zhivotinski proizkhod i negovoto oznachavane vŭrkhu tyakh (zagl. izm. – DV, br. 13 ot 2006 g.). Izdadena ot Ministerstvo na Zemedelieto i Gorite i Ministerstvo na Okolnata Sreda i Vodite. DV. br.80 ot 18 Sept. 2001g., izm. DV. br.13 ot 10 Fevruari 2006g. Retrieved from: http://www.mzh.government.bg/Eco/bio.html [In Bulgarian].
- Natsionalen Plan za razvitie na biologichnoto zemedelie v Bŭlgariya 2006-2013 gg. Retrieved from: http://www.mzh.government.bg/Eco/bio.html [In Bulgarian].
- Natsionalna Programa za Razvitie na Selskite Raĭoni 2007–2013 g.: Retrieved from: http://www.mzgar.government.bg/Eco/bio.html [In Bulgarian].
- Tomova, K. (2015). Biosfernite parkove po programata «Chovekŭt i biosferata» na «Yunesko» kato instrument za regionalno razvitie i osŭznavane na pŭlniya nabor ot ekosistemni uslugi (na primera na Tsentralen Balkan). Godishnik na SU «Sv. Kl. Okhridski», 110, 123–139. [In Bulgarian].
- Council regulation (EU) N:834/2007 on organic production and labeling of organic products and repealing Regulation (EEU) No 2092/91. Official Jurnal of the Europian Communities. №189/1, 20. 7. 2007. Retrieved from: http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/ [In Bulgarian].
- Council regulation (EEU) N:2092/91 on organic production of agricultural products and indications referring thereto on agricultural products and foodstuffs. Official Jurnal of the Europian Communities №198/1, 22. 7. 91. Retrieved from: http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l21118.htm [In Bulgarian].