Graduate Student, Institute of History of Ukraine National Academy of Ukraine
UDС 94(477) «1992-2014»
The article analyzes key aspects of Ukraine’s cooperation with International Donors in the period from 1992 to 2014. The article deals with the concept of “international technical assistance” and its involvement in Ukraine, the main directions of international cooperation. It provides the views of scholars on development assistance, its impact on the economy, the development of democracy etc. Special attention is paid to the characteristics of the main phases of International Technical Assistance projects’ implementation. The historiography and documents concerning the International Technical Assistance overview as the one of the ways of international cooperation of Ukraine (1992-2014) have been unfolded. The author identifies three main phases of international technical cooperation based on data from the Ministry of Economic Policy and Trade of Ukraine: 1) from1992 to 1996; 2) from 1996 to 2002; 3) from 2002 to 2014.
The article describes the conceptual apparatus relating the involvement of the international aid, the concept of technical assistance and how it presents the Ukrainian international affairs. The data of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, a number of registered projects from 1996 to 2014 have been presented and analyzed. The vectors of international cooperation in the field of the implementation of international technical assistance projects, their interdependence with social and political issues and the policy of the state have been determined. The author also analyzes the statistics of the registered International Technical Assistance projects during 1992-2014. The aspects of public policy related to development assistance have been analyzed. The historical preconditions of the “development assistance” concept have been explained, the basic scientific positions on the impact of the donor development assistance upon the recipient country have been given.
Project, international technical assistance, financial support, donor, reform, society.
Download the аrticle
1. KANBUR, R. (2003) The economics of international aid. The Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism [Online] Available from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/(Accessed: August 20, 2017).
2. USAID: USAID History (2017) [Online] Available from: http://dictionnaire.sensagent.leparisien.fr/ (Accessed: August 18, 2017).
3. A VOICE FOR THE POOR (2002). The Economist [Online] Available from: http://www.economist.com/ (Accessed: August 18, 2017).
4. MOSS, T., PETTTERSON, G. and VAN DE WALLE, N. (2006) An Aid-Institutions Paradox? A Review Essay on Aid Dependency and State Building in Sub-Saharan Africa [Online] Available from: https://www.cgdev.org/ (Accessed: August 20, 2017).
5. Uhoda mizh Uriadom Ukrainy ta Uriadom SShA pro humanitarne ta tekhniko-ekonomichne spivrobitnytstvo (1992) [Online] Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ (Accessed: August 28, 2017).
6. Spysok proektiv mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy (2016)[Online] Available from: http://openaid.gov.ua/ (Accessed: May 20, 2016).
7. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy. (2002) Pro stvorennia yedynoi systemy zaluchennia, vykorystannia ta monitorynhu mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy (2002) [Online] Available from: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/ (Accessed: August 17, 2017).
8. Plan dii «Ukraina – Yevropeiskyi Soiuz». (2005) [Online] Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ (Accessed: August 17, 2017).
9. Pro skhvalennia Stratehichnykh napriamiv ta zavdan shchodo zaluchennia mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy i spivrobitnytstva z mizhnarodnymy finansovymy orhanizatsiiamy na 2009-2012 roky № 1156-r. (2009) [Online] Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ (Accessed: August 17, 2017).
10. Aid to developing countries rebounds in 2013 to reach an all-time high (2014) OECD. [Online] Available from: http://www.oecd.org/ (Accessed: August 25, 2017).