Sc. D. (History), Professor, Head of the Department of Modern and Contemporary History of Foreign Countries historical faculty Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Postgraduate student of Department of Modern and Contemporary History of Foreign Countries, historical faculty, Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
On the basis of the sources and scientific literature displayed naval cooperation between the United States and Britain during the First World War. The features of military operations on the sea lanes were been analyzed. Different ways of countering unrestricted submarine warfare, what was waged by Germany were been studied in detail. It’s shown the role and the place of American’s navy support for Great Britain in the struggle against German submarines. It’s also studied the influence of the US-British naval cooperation in the development of relations between the two countries.
US-British relations, Great Britain, US Navy, naval cooperation.
Download the аrticle
- (2000) Sistemnaja istorija mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij. Vol. 1. Moskva: Moskovskij rabochij. [in Russian].
- Usatjuk D.V. (2002) Politika SShA v otnoshenii Velikobritanii v 1914-1918 gg. (morskaja blokada Germanii i “svoboda morej”) (Abstract of Candidate’s thesis). Tomsk: TGU. [in Russian].
- Gershov Z.M. (1962) «Nejtralitet» SShA v period pervoj mirovoj vojny. Moskva: Socjekgiz. [in Russian].
- Sprout H., Sprout M. (1980) Rise of american naval power 1776-1918. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press. [in English].
- Marder A.J. (1969) From the Dreadnought to Scapa Flow: The Royal Navy in the Fisher Era, 1904-1919. Vol. IV: 1917: The Year of the Crisis. London: Oxford University Press. [in English].
- Frothingham T.G. (1924) Naval History of the World War. Vol. 1. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. [in English].
- Cruttwell C.R. (1934) History of the Great War. Oxford: The Claredon Press. [in English].
- Liddell Hart B.H. (1930) The Real War. London: Faber and Faber. [in English].
- Bol’nyh A.G. (2003) Morskie bitvy Pervoj mirovoj: Shvatka gigantov. Moskva: AST. [in Russian].
- Kirschbaum J.W. (2008) The 1916 Naval Expansion Act: Planning for a Navy Second to None. Washington. [in English].
- Cronon E.D. (1963) The Cabinet Diaries of Josephus Daniels. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press. [in English].
- Davis G.T. (1940) Navy second to none. The development of modern American naval policy. New York: Harcourt, Brace and company. [in English].
- Trask D.F. (1972) Captains and Cabinets: Anglo-American Naval Relations, 1917-1918. Columbia: University of Missouri Press. [in English].
- 14.(1922) Navy Yearbook 1920-1921. Washington: Government Printing Office. [in English].
- (1917) Annual Reports of the Navy Department for the Fiscal Year 1916. Washington. [in English].