Shaping Requirements for the Articles
Sent for Publication in the Academic Electronic Journal
“European Historic Studies”
The “European Historic Studies” journal publishes research works which touch upon the process of the European integration, the EU member-states’ foreign policy, the European integration of Ukraine, the European history and international relations. The following categories are specified:
- “The European integration: history and modernity”;
- “Current issues of the European history and international relations”.
The European Historic Studies journal is included in the Index Copernicus International database. Impact – factor: ICI Journals Master List 2017 – ICV 2017: 62.43 .
1. In accordance with the resolution of the Presidium of the Supreme Certifying Board of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as the SCBU) as of January 15, 2003 7 – 05/1 “On the Tightening of Requirements for the Academic Journals Listed in the SCBU index” and according to the National Standard of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as NSSU) 8302:2015, only articles meeting the following requirements and encompassing the following elements shall be put to print:
- General articulation of an issue and defining an intercourse with topical scientific and operational tasks;
- Analysis of the latest research works and publications which establish challenges and solutions and which shape the basis of the author’s research work;
- Emphasis on the elements of an issue unsolved before and which are subject to resolution;
- Problem definition;
- Statement of the basic materials and argumentation of the results obtained;
- Conclusions and perspectives of the following research of an issue.
The articles shall be accompanied by a review written by a PhD (DoS) in respective studies’ sphere which recommends the article proposed to be published. Such review shall as well give deep analysis of the urgency of the research and its academic novelty. The reviews shall be sent electronically: scanned and indorsed by signature and sealed; a Microsoft Word version of the review being attached.
2. The articles shall be accepted only by e-mail:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Viktoriia Pilkevych, PhD (History), Еxecutive secretary
- email@example.com – Oleh Mashevskyi, Dr. Habil. (History), Deputy Chairman of Editorial Board
- Phones: +38(068) 3525285, +38(066) 360 00 80.
The review written by a scholar possessing a scientific degree in a respective area of experience or an abstract of a record of the respective research department on publication specification shall be attached to the articles written by the authors not possessing a degree.
3. Shaping requirements: “Doc.” Files only. Font: Times New Roman. Font size: 14. Interline: 1,5. Margins: left – 3 cm, head – 2 cm, right – 1,55 cm, tail – 2 cm.
4. The following elements shall be encompassed:
- UDC identifier;
- Article heading translated into English and Russian;
- For the journal published in any other language aside from English, each non-English article shall be followed by an abstract in English, over 1800 characters with spaces, and key words.
- Key words in Ukrainian and English (5 – 7 words);
- The references shall be latinizated whereas it is necessary to index the “European Historic Studies” in the international databases.
- The list of references shall be drawn in APA style as shown.
Nota bene: the professional translation shall be applied for the summary and the article heading. The automatic translation s not allowed.
5. The cited references shall be listed alphabetically.
6. Element sequence:
- UDC identifier (left);
- Next line – author’s name and last name (right), scientific degree, academic status (if any) or post (sans degree) of each of the contributors; next line – employer/school (right justification);
- Article heading (with capitals, centered);
- Article heading (5 – 7 words) not comprising phrases “The Research of the Issue…”, “Some Issues…”, “Problems…”, “Ways…” etc. (centered);
- Summary (150 – 200 words) and key words (5 – 7 words) – source language;
- Statement of basic materials;
- List of references (automatically numbering). The list shall meet the SCB requirements (see the SCBU Bulletin as of 2009, No.5), as well as those of the NSSU 7.1:2006 “System of Standards on Information, Librarianship and Publishing. Bibliographical Record. Bibliographical Description. General Requirements and Drafting Issues” and with those of the NSSU 8302:2015:
- Article heading, summary and key words (translated, e.g. in English for the articles in Ukrainian). Summary (200 – 250 words) and key words (5 – 7 words);
- List of references – latinizated whereas it is necessary to index the “European Historic Studies” in the international databases. Use Google Translate or http://ua.translit.cc to accomplish the Latinization. See example ;
- Author’s last name, scientific degree, academic status, employer/school, summary and key words in English (last name, scientific degree, academic status, employer/school – left justification);
- Article size – 0,5 – 0,7 quires.
7. Articles written in Ukrainian, Russian and English shall be accepted. The Editorial board need not hold the author’s views expressed in the article and does not bear responsibility for the data validity, citation, reliability and references authenticity. The Editorial board reserves the right not to accept materials not meeting the editorial requirements pointed in the information list, those of poor scientific standards and those haven’t been internally reviewed.
8. In a separate file: author’s information: full last name, middle name and first name, degree, academic status, employer/school, post, business and residence addresses (postcode included). Cell phone number and e-mail. File name: author’s last name – latinized (e.g. ivanov.doc). File name (author’s information) – latinized (e.g. ivanov_avtor.doc).
9. Additional requirements:
- References shall be put in brackets. E.g.: [1, p. 54], 1 – source number, 54 – page number; [7, q. 67], 7 – archive number, 67 – archive issue page number. “Ibid.” is not allowed.
- The cited references shall be listed by alphabetically.
- Archive sources shall meet the Department of Education requirements: http://www.archives.gov.ua/Publicat/AU/AU_6_2009/34.pdf ).
The paper template: