Ph.D (History), Associate Professor
National Transport University, Kyiv, Ukraine
Abstract. The article reveals the peculiarities of the development of industrial relations in the agricultural sector of the Bulgarian economy in terms of its membership in the European Union. Thanks to the involvement of a wide range of statistical sources, it is determined that modern Bulgarian society is experiencing profound changes in socio-economic development, the response to which has brought the Bulgarian agricultural sector to a competitive level.
It is determined that the agricultural sector of the Bulgarian economy had a rather difficult way of adapting production relations to European requirements. At the same time, Bulgaria’s accession to the European Union stimulated the development of agriculture, contributed to the introduction of the latest agro-technical production technologies, rational land use, improvement of agricultural products.
The main trends in the development of the agricultural sector of the Bulgarian economy after the country’s accession to the EU and the transformation processes in the sector are analyzed. In addition, as a result of an in-depth analysis, it was proved that the Bulgarian agricultural sector on the verge of joining the EU had a number of problems that hindered the increase of its productivity and profitability. Following Bulgaria’s accession to the European Economic Area, the country had to take a number of measures to address the above-mentioned problem. In particular, it consisted in the adaptation of agricultural legislation, state support measures to European norms and standards of agricultural production to European norms and requirements. The deepening of European integration and the further accession of Bulgaria to the EU accelerated the transformation of agricultural production relations and the modernization of agriculture, which was accompanied by the adaptation and harmonization of the agricultural sector to increase its productivity.
Keywords: production relations, European Union, agricultural sector of the economy, Bulgaria, adaptation, integration.
Download full article
- Bencheva, N. (2011). Regionalni klŭsteri za povishavane na efektivnostta i konkurentosposobnostta na agrarnoto proizvodstvo [Regional clusters to increase the efficiency and competitiveness of agricultural production]. Plovdiv: Akad. izd. a Agrar. univ.(in Bulgarian)
- Bŭchvarova, S. (2009). Bŭlgarskoto zemedelie v perioda na prekhoda 1990-2008 [Bulgarian agriculture in the period of transition 1990-2008]. Sofiya: Dimaks. (in Bulgarian)
- Annual report on the activity of the National Agricultural Advisory Service for 2014 (2015).NAAS. Retrieved from https://www.naas.government.bg/data/file/norm_docs/Godishen-otchet-NSSZ-za%202014g.-2015-03-31-final%20za%20pechat.pdf
- Annual report on the activity of the National Agricultural Advisory Service for 2017 (2018).NAAS. Retrieved from https://www.mzh.government.bg/media/filer_public/2018/01/24/agraren-doklad-2017.pdf
- Nikolova, G. (2018).Bŭlgarskoto selsko stopanstvo i negovite evropeĭski izmereniya[Bulgarian agriculture and its European dimensions].Sofiya: NSI. (in Bulgarian)
- Nikolov, D. (2011). Vŭzdeĭstvie na Obshtata selskostopanska politika vŭrkhu razvitieto na selski raĭoni i domakinstva [Impact of the Common Agricultural Policy on the development of rural areas and households]. Sofiya: Avangard Prima. (in Bulgarian)
- Slavova, YA. (2011). Konkurentni vŭzmozhnosti na agrarniya sektor [Competitive opportunities of the agricultural sector ]. Sofiya: Institut po agrar. ikonomika. (in Bulgarian)
- Turlakova, T. (2011). Agrarno i sotsialno-ikonomichesko razvitie na selskite raĭoni v Bŭlgariya [Agrarian and socio-economic development of rural areas in Bulgaria]. Varna: IK Gea-Print.(in Bulgarian)