Postgraduate student of the State Institution, «Institute of World History National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine»
The article considers the European integration of Ukraine as its important strategic foreign policy priority. This is an even more urgent task, since Russia’s unfolding hybrid war against Ukraine has already led to the widespread use of armed forces, violation of the territorial integrity and inviolability of the borders of a sovereign state, the erosion of its will regarding its own civilized choice. The increase in the volume and intensity of aggressive actions against Ukraine is being advanced by Russia to the practice of state terrorism. The ideological sabotage that preceded and followed Russia’s armed aggression was aimed at discrediting the state system of Ukraine and weakening its central government control, creating problems for the security and economic sectors of our state, and legitimizing the separatist movement of the southeastern Ukraine in the eyes of the international community. In the unstable hybrid war, the policy of historical memory is one of the central places. Practice shows that in the information field of the Ukrainian-Russian confrontation with the policy of memory there is far not all historical knowledge, but the most valuable, meaningful, productive, suitable for the creative life-support of the nation. In this sense, historical memory should be considered as a kind of intellectual and psychological equipment of the spiritual immunity of a national community or an individual as a necessary (though not sufficient!) Matrix-sieve, which serves to sift the flow of historical events, phenomena and facts.
An analysis of the formation of the pro-European identity of Ukraine in the context of the events of the last four years (Crimean annexation, Russian hybrid warfare, European integration course) has been analyzed. It was concluded that just after the events of EuroMaydan, Ukraine had an incentive to more consciously identify itself with the European community.
European integration, pro-European identity, system of international relations, hybrid war, foreign policy, Russia-West.
Download the аrticle
1. Vershbou, А. (2019). Ukrayne hrozyt novaya volna nasylyya. Retrieved from http://inosmi/.
2. Voznyak, T. (2014). Sens Majdanu. Majdan (R)evolyuciya duhu: mystecko-kulturnyj proekt. Kyyiv : Nash format, pp. 83–90.
3. Hrycak, Ya. (2014). Ukrayina vytrymaye i ce vyprobuvannya. Majdan (R)evolyuciya duhu : mystecko-kulturnyj proekt. Kyyiv : Nash format, pp. 91–97.
4. Lukas, E. Ukrayna osobenno uyazvyma pered hryaznimy denhamy. Retrieved from https://lb.ua/.
5. Ezhenedelnyk 2000: mozhno ly zakonchyt konflykt na Donbasse. Retrieved from http://inosmi.info/.
6. Kardozu, F. Е. (2005). Tolko demokratyya mozhet ukrotyt rynok. Rossiya v global’noj politike, 5. Retrieved from http://www.globalaffairs.ru/.
7. Kyrydon, A. (2015). Yevropejska identychnist: Yevropa bez kordoniv i Zhalo chuzhoho. Zovnishni spravy, 7, рр. 20-23.
8. Kollynz, R. (2015). Makroystoryya: Ocherky bolshoj dlytelnosty. M.: Ympaza.
9. Lobanova, A. (2013). Polytycheskaya mymykryya kak pohranyche mezhdu pravdoj y lozhyu. Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Śląskiej. Retrieved from http://www.woiz.polsl.pl/.
10. Pidsumky – 2018: hromadska dumka – Fond «Demokratychni iniciatyvy» im. Ilka Kucheriva. Retrieved from https://dif.org.ua/.
11. Tkachenko, V. (2017). Ukrayina: Quo vadis Kudy jdemo? Kyyiv: Lohos Ukrayina, рp. 326–327.
12. Sherhin, S. (2016). Heopolitychna identychnist Ukrayiny: retrospektyva i realnist. Zovnishni spravy, May. Retrieved from http://uaforeignaffairs.com/.
13. Shkrobanec, O.I. (2017). Problema heopolitychnoho vyboru Ukrayiny v konteksti suchasnyx mizhnarodnx vidnosyn. Visnyk NADU pry Prezydentovi Ukrayiny; Seriya Derzhavne upravlinnya, 2, рр. 34–43.
14. Atlantic Council: kak zastavyt Putyna zaplatyt za Ukraynu. Retrieved from http://inosmi.info/.
15. Bershidsky, L. (2015). If World Slips Toward War, Blame Leaders’ Imaginations. Bloomberg View, December 2. Retrieved from http://www.bloombergview.com/.
16. Fischer, E., J. Rogoża (2014). A bottomles spit: the costs of Crimea’s annexation by Russia. Centre for Eastern Studies, 142, 29.07. Retrieved from http://aei.pitt.edu/.
17. Wendt, A. (2002). Social Theory ofI international Politics. Cambridge, UK : Cambridge University Press.